Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Lawrence Rosen <lr...@rosenlaw.com> on 2009/06/12 19:03:53 UTC

Apache feather logo on the Apache Tomcat website

Mladen Turk wrote:
> > The question was raised on the Tomcat PMC if we
> > can add a Trade Mark symbol (small TM) to our
> > official logo.
> >
> > http://tomcat.apache.org

My main problem with the graphics on that page is the Apache feather logo on
the top right. If that's our official ASF feather logo, ugh! (This is my
view as a member with mild artistic sensibilities, not just as a trademark
lawyer. There are some ugly, but perfectly legal, brands in this world, and
I have to try to juggle two or three hats here.)

I'm referring this to prc@ for further discussion. I'm copying
legal-discuss@ only because this email thread originally started there. I've
already posted my recommendations in PRC about what our smaller but official
Apache feather logo brand should look like.

Please continue this branding discussion in prc@.

/Larry

Re: Apache feather logo on the Apache Tomcat website

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
Lawrence Rosen wrote:

> I'm referring this to prc@ for further discussion.
>
> Please continue this branding discussion in prc@.

Someone smart once said: Son, don't ask too many questions.
I should have listen to that guy ;)

The look of the feather on the site has nothing to
do with the question I asked thought, so please
don't change the subject.

Regards
--
^(TM)