Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Robert Kromkamp <ro...@emaxx.nl> on 2003/07/15 09:20:46 UTC

empty dropdown list

Hi all,

I just want to inform you all about a problem I had Yesterday with a drop
down list in XMLForms. When I use the follwing tag i got an empty dropdown
list:

<xf:selectOne ref="/mainCategory" id="mainCategory">
	<xf:item>
		<xf:caption>Maak uw keuze</xf:caption>
	      <xf:value></xf:value>
	</xf:item>
      <xf:itemset nodeset="mainCategories">
		<xf:caption ref="value"/>
		<xf:value ref="key"/>
	</xf:itemset>
</xf:selectOne>

This problem occurs because I didn't initiated the member (which is returned
in the getMainCategory method) in the Model. I changed the following code:

private String mainCategory;

into:

private String mainCategory = "";

This solved the problem.