Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/18 10:21:05 UTC

[karaf] sub-modules naming

Currently, Karaf has maven modules, but their naming is not
consistent.  We have:
  * karaf/jaas/jaas-boot
  * karaf/features/core
  * karaf/deployer/blueprint
  * karaf/gshell/gshell-admin

So I'd like to fix those.  The question is which one we prefer ?  I'm
kinda leaning towards karaf/features/boot i.e not repeating the parent
module in the name.
Also, I think we should rename gshell to shell, given we don't use
gshell anymore but switched to gogo.  Shell is a bit more neutral.
Thoughts ?

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [karaf] sub-modules naming

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
++1 for me

Charles Moulliard
Senior Enterprise Architect
Apache Camel Committer

*****************************
blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: [karaf] sub-modules naming

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 9/18/09 10:21, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> Currently, Karaf has maven modules, but their naming is not
> consistent.  We have:
>    * karaf/jaas/jaas-boot
>    * karaf/features/core
>    * karaf/deployer/blueprint
>    * karaf/gshell/gshell-admin
>
> So I'd like to fix those.  The question is which one we prefer ?  I'm
> kinda leaning towards karaf/features/boot i.e not repeating the parent
> module in the name.

+1

> Also, I think we should rename gshell to shell, given we don't use
> gshell anymore but switched to gogo.  Shell is a bit more neutral.
> Thoughts ?

+1

-> richard