Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> on 2012/07/31 10:46:00 UTC

Docs for new UI

Hi,
Currently we have a module archiva-docs with screenshots deployed to
http://archiva.apache.org/docs/${project.version}
(http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.4-M2)
I'd like to start adding screenshots of new ui, I wonder the best strategy ? :
1) change current module with new ui screenshots
2) having a mix of both old and new ui screenshots
3) something else

My preference could go to 1) as (at least I hope :-) ) we will
maintain only the new ui in the future.

Ideas ?

Thanks
--
Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com

Re: Docs for new UI

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2012/7/31 Eric Barboni <ba...@irit.fr>:
> Hi,
>
> (not voting)
> I would say +1 to 1).
>
> But It would be nice to have a new page in Users Guide:
>  Having screenshot of old UI and new UI (side by side) with explanation.
>  (Example : http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.4-M2/images/tour/project.png
> Download is now in the Artifact tab)
For sure I will work on features images from the home too:
https://archiva.apache.org

RE: Docs for new UI

Re: Docs for new UI

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: Docs for new UI

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

as archiva-docs is linked to a specific version, 1) sounds good to me.
It will promote the new UI.

Regards
JB

--