Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Zsolt Horvath <ho...@mail.tiszanet.hu> on 2001/12/03 13:29:27 UTC

Hide a directory from outside URGENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi !

How can I prevent users from accessing pages in a directory directly by writing their URLs into the location bar.

It is not working (part of the WEB.XML) :

   <security-constraint>
  <web-resource-collection>
   <web-resource-name>no-access</web-resource-name>
   <url-pattern>/Solutions/*</url-pattern>
  </web-resource-collection>
  <auth-constraint>
   <role-name>nobody</role-name>
  </auth-constraint>
    </security-constraint>

Because from the browser I can't enter to the /Solutions directory, but my application too !!!!!!!! Inside my application I need to access this directory.

Please help !!!

THanks !