Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Daniel Roberts <Da...@actionforchildren.org.uk> on 2014/03/04 14:39:02 UTC

OpenOffice

Dear Vendor
We are currently running your software as listed in table 1 in a Windows server 2003 SP 2 Domain environment and Windows XP SP 3.client operating system. These are delivered across both fat & thin clients.
We are planning to upgrade to a Windows server 2012 Domain and Windows 7 and 8.1 Clients, again utilising both fat & thin clients.
To complete this upgrade process we need to understand the compatibility of the software supplied by yourselves. To assist with this, we have detailed the tables below referencing pertinent points in relation to your software in our environment:
Table 1: lists the current software and version
Table 2: A to E indicates the 5 different system configurations scenarios we will encounter until the upgrade process is complete
Table 3: This lists the expected scenarios that we will have in place once the upgrade is complete, in relation to operating systems.
Table 4: Is a table to define any Internet Explorer compatibility requirements for the software listed in table 1
Throughout the upgrade process we will be faced with any of the configurations scenarios in Table 2 - A to E. We would appreciate it if you could confirm if the software in table 1, is supported with the operating systems in table 3, as well as any Internet Explorer compatibility concerns in table 4
If any of the options are not supported can you please give recommendations in the comment box, along with any other pertinent comments?

Table 1
Software: OpenOffice

Current Version: 3.2.9502

Table 2

Active directory

Application Server

Client

2003

2003

Windows  7 and 8.1

2012

2003

XP

2012

2003

Windows  7 and 8.1

2012

2012

XP

2012

2012

Windows  7 and 8.1

Table 3
Operating System

Yes

No

MS App-V 5.0

MS Server 2012

MS Windows 7 32 Bit

MS Windows 7 64 Bit

MS  Windows 8.1

Citrix  XenApp 7.5, on a Windows 2012 platform

XenDesktop 7.1 on a Windows 2012 platform

Table 4

If applicable what IE versions are supported?

Comments and recommendations:

Please could you return the completed email form to:
Daniel Roberts (Technical Application Test Manager)
Action for Children,
3 the Boulevard,
Ascot Road,
Watford, WD18 8AG
Daniel.Roberts@actionforchildren.org.uk<ma...@actionforchildren.org.uk>
Reception contact number: 01923 361 500

This email and any attachments are confidential, and may also be privileged. If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of the email on your systems and any attachments. Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. You must not otherwise use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. Any view expressed in this email which does not relate to the official business of Action for Children is neither given nor endorsed by Action for Children. To the fullest extent allowed by law, Action for Children accepts no liability for unauthorised use of this email.  Action for Children may monitor traffic information and content of incoming emails to maintain system security.

While Action for Children take care to protect its systems from virus attacks and other harmful events, the organisation gives no warranty that this message (including attachments) is free of any virus or other harmful matter, and accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage resulting from the recipient receiving, opening or using it.

Registered Charity Nos. 1097940 / SC038092 / Company No. 4764232  Tel: +44 (0)1923 361500  Fax: +44 (0)1923 620111

Re: OpenOffice

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 04/03/2014 Daniel Roberts wrote:
> To complete this upgrade process we need to understand the
> compatibility of the software supplied by yourselves. To assist with
> this, we have detailed the tables below

Dear Daniel,
OpenOffice is developed by volunteers, so we are not a "traditional"
software vendor and we can't fill in forms.

We publish compatibility information in our release notes:
http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/sys_reqs.html
(OpenOffice is compatible with Windows 8.1 too, but Windows 8.1 was made
available after our latest release, so it is not listed).

If you need more detailed information you can ask one of the consultants
listed at http://www.openoffice.org/bizdev/consultants.html

Regards,
   Andrea.