Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org> on 2012/05/18 22:24:37 UTC

MediaWiki update (was Re: Dealing with a large and diverse project - Native Languages and project teams)

Hello;

--- Ven 18/5/12, Paulo de Souza Lima ha scritto:

> > But what do you want to do?
> >

> I want to upgrade Mediawiki to MW 1.19.x or, if it's not
> possible, at least to 1.17.4, and install some useful
> extensions. This shall not impact any actual function,
> but will provide us tools to make AOO wiki a lot more
> usable.

I opened a JIRA issue:

I think infra has actually no obligation to work
on this as MW is not officially supported here. I
even volunteered to help but I actually don't have
any experience with MW so please be prepared to
provide a listing of the extensions and other
things that must be taken into account, just as if
you were doing the update.

Pedro.

Re: MediaWiki update (was Re: Dealing with a large and diverse project - Native Languages and project teams)

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.
On Fri, 2012-05-18 at 13:30 -0700, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> Hi Drew;
>
> --- Ven 18/5/12, drew <dr...@baseanswers.com> ha scritto:
> > >
> > > I opened a JIRA issue:
> > >
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4816
> > >
> > > I think infra has actually no obligation to work
> > > on this as MW is not officially supported here. I
> > > even volunteered to help but I actually don't have
> > > any experience with MW so please be prepared to
> > > provide a listing of the extensions and other
> > > things that must be taken into account, just as if
> > > you were doing the update.
> > >
> > Hi Pedro.
> >
> > There is a pretty detailed explanation (review) of such
> > things done
> > already - I'll go back and find the reference before the
> > weekend is out.
> >

> Please add it to the JIRA issue: it's better to leave all
> the information in some central place.

It might already be attached to JIRA issue, I need to go look.

Posted by Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org>.
Hi Drew;

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.
On Fri, 2012-05-18 at 13:24 -0700, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> Hello;
>
> --- Ven 18/5/12, Paulo de Souza Lima ha scritto:
> >
> > > But what do you want to do?
> > >

> > I want to upgrade Mediawiki to MW 1.19.x or, if it's not
> > possible, at least to 1.17.4, and install some useful
> > extensions. This shall not impact any actual function,
> > but will provide us tools to make AOO wiki a lot more
> > usable.
> >

> I opened a JIRA issue:

> I think infra has actually no obligation to work
> on this as MW is not officially supported here. I
> even volunteered to help but I actually don't have
> any experience with MW so please be prepared to
> provide a listing of the extensions and other
> things that must be taken into account, just as if
> you were doing the update.

Hi Pedro.

There is a pretty detailed explanation (review) of such things done
already - I'll go back and find the reference before the weekend is out.

//drew

Re: MediaWiki update (was Re: Dealing with a large and diverse project - Native Languages and project teams)

Posted by Albino Biasutti Neto <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

2012/5/20 Claudio Filho <fi...@gmail.com>

> 2012/5/18 Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org>:
> > I opened a JIRA issue:

> Wow! You was more fast that me, Pedro. I was writing now an issue for
> this. :-)

+1

I voted.

Albino

Re: MediaWiki update (was Re: Dealing with a large and diverse project - Native Languages and project teams)

Posted by Claudio Filho <fi...@gmail.com>.
2012/5/18 Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org>:
> I opened a JIRA issue:

Wow! You was more fast that me, Pedro. I was writing now an issue for this. :-)

Thanks,
Claudio

RE: MediaWiki update (was Re: Dealing with a large and diverse project - Native Languages and project teams)

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
The JIRA Issue has been acknowledged.  INFRA indicates that there are believed to be two Apache OpenOffice project members already able to work on this.

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4816>.

There is no information about priorities and any staging for a MediaWiki upgrade.

Meanwhile, the MediaWiki is available for edits and updates and improvements of content.

 - Dennis

I am available to help in anything you need. In fact updating and
installing extensions is an easy job. Don't worry.

[ ... ]

--
Paulo de Souza Lima
http://almalivre.wordpress.com

Re: MediaWiki update (was Re: Dealing with a large and diverse project - Native Languages and project teams)

Posted by Paulo de Souza Lima <pa...@varekai.org>.
Hi Pedro.