Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by João Gaspar <ja...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/05 15:17:27 UTC

[ApacheDS] Create custom password validator

Hello,

Is it possible to develop and use my own password validator class to enforce password policy? If so, how can I upload it to apacheDS ldap server?
Thank you.

Best Regards,
João Gaspar

Re: [ApacheDS] Create custom password validator

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Le 05/09/2018 à 17:17, João Gaspar a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to develop and use my own password validator class to enforce password policy?

Sure you can. You need to extend the Authenticator interface, and extend
teh server configuration to tell it that this new authenticator should
be loaded at startup. Here is an example :

dn:
ads-authenticatorid=myauthenticator,ou=authenticators,ads-interceptorId=authenticationInterceptor,ou=interceptors,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
ads-authenticatorid: myauthenticator
objectclass: top
objectclass: ads-base
objectClass: ads-authenticator
objectClass: ads-authenticatorImpl
ads-authenticatorClass:
org.apache.directory.server.core.authn.MyAuthenticator
ads-baseDn:
ads-enabled: FALSE

Of course, your authenticator should be stored in a jar that is in the
classpath, so that it can be dynamically loaded.

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org