Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Gianmaria Clerici <gc...@bridgestream.com> on 2006/03/27 21:33:47 UTC

release dates for 1.0 RC2 and 1.1

Where can I find the release dates for 1.0 RC2 and 1.1 ?

I am still using 0.9.3 and I want to upgrade but I want to wait for
the next stable release.

Thanks a lot

Re: release dates for 1.0 RC2 and 1.1

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Gianmaria Clerici a écrit :

> Where can I find the release dates for 1.0 RC2 and 1.1 ?
>

> I am still using 0.9.3 and I want to upgrade but I want to wait for
> the next stable release.
>

> Thanks a lot

Hi Gianmaria !

The next stable release after 0.9.3 is the current 1.0-RC1. The more you
use it, the more bug you find in it, the more stable will be the next RCx

So an answer to your question is simple : switch to RC1, and when RC2
will be out, switch to RC2. We don't have any date for it right now.

And be aware that 1.0-RC2 won't be stable. It will just be more stable
that 1.0-RC1.  Sorry about it :(

I know, it's disappointing, but this is the way OSS works...

But be sure we are doing our best to deliver a stable 1.0 !

Emmanuel Lécharny