Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Juan José Vázquez Delgado <ju...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/30 15:02:06 UTC

Additional principals and LoginModulePlugin

Hi,

Currently, AFAIK LoginModulePlugin [1] interface is not ready to
inject additional principals to the subject. I stumbled across this
issue implementing an LDAP custom login module that should retrieve
groups and roles during the authentication process.

I suppose that we can overwrite
o.a.jackrabbit.core.security.authentication.AbstractLoginModule.getPrincipals()
in PluggableDefaultLoginModule class. But this approach forces us to
add the getPrincipals method into the LoginModulePlugin interface.

I´m not sure if many people is using this interface but is there any
trouble if I add getPrincipals to the LoginModulePlugin interface?.
Rory or Vidar maybe?.

Regards,

Juanjo.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/bundles/jcr/jackrabbit-server/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/jcr/jackrabbit/server/security/LoginModulePlugin.java
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/bundles/jcr/jackrabbit-server/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/jcr/jackrabbit/server/impl/security/PluggableDefaultLoginModule.java

Re: Additional principals and LoginModulePlugin

Posted by Vidar Skauge Ramdal <vi...@idium.no>.
Den 30. juni 2009 kl. 09.02 skrev Juan José Vázquez Delgado <juanjo.vazquez@gmail.c
om>:

> Hi,
>
> Currently, AFAIK LoginModulePlugin [1] interface is not ready to
> inject additional principals to the subject. I stumbled across this
> issue implementing an LDAP custom login module that should retrieve
> groups and roles during the authentication process.
>
> I suppose that we can overwrite
> o.a
> .jackrabbit.core.security.authentication.AbstractLoginModule.getPrincipals(
> )
> in PluggableDefaultLoginModule class. But this approach forces us to
> add the getPrincipals method into the LoginModulePlugin interface.
>
> I´m not sure if many people is using this interface but is there any
> trouble if I add getPrincipals to the LoginModulePlugin interface?.
> Rory or Vidar maybe?.

Works for me.

Sendt fra min iPhone