Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Sebastien Sahuc <ss...@imediation.com> on 2000/09/25 11:55:01 UTC

Re: [tomcat 4] bug with catalina home path..sdm

Replacing the current method 'File configFile()' in
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina with :

    protected File configFile() {

	File file = new File(configFile);
	if (!file.isAbsolute()) {
	    if (null == System.getProperty("catalina.home") )
	        System.setProperty("catalina.home", (new
File("")).getAbsolutePath());
	    file = new File(System.getProperty("catalina.home"), configFile);
	}
	return (file);

    }

This will allow you not to set the catalina.home property, but rather use
the working directory instead.
The checking of the presence of "catalina.home' environment property
should be done earlier though...

all the best,

Sebastien

On 9/25/00, 11:33:01 AM, Sebastien Sahuc <ss...@imediation.com> wrote
regarding [tomcat 4] bug with catalina home path..sdm: