Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Chidanand Gangur <ch...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/30 09:40:14 UTC

[users@httpd] Scoreboard file not created

Hi,

I have compiled apache 1.3.34 on linux 2.4.28 the compilation went through
fine and no issues in normal working of apache. I want to enable scoreboard
feature of apache, I have added the corresponding configuration line in
httpd.conf but still the contfiguration file but still i do not find the
scoreboard file.

I also tried compiling with HAVE_SHMGET=1 USE_SHMGET_SCOREBOARD=1

Is there any other compilation option to be enabled.
--
Chidanand Gangur
Pune.

Re: [users@httpd] Scoreboard file not created

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 8/30/06, Chidanand Gangur <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well I have already tried mod_status. I was under the impression that the
> scoreboard file would give me some more information.
>
>  To give some more details about my test
>
>  I have following server configuration
>
>    Timeout               300
>    MaxKeepAliveRequests  500
>    KeepAliveTimeout      6
>    KeepAlive             On
>    MinSpareServers       16
>    MaxSpareServers       32
>    StartServers          4
>    MaxClients            250
>    MaxRequestsPerChild   500
>
>  My test is:
>
>  I fire http request using curl form a simulated set up. these request are
> fired at the rate of 4 request per second. Roughly there are 240 requests in
> 60 seconds.
>
>  With this kind of set up I see apache reaching to the MaxClient Limit and
> things going.
>
>  with KeepAliveTimeout as 6 why are the process not recovering?
>
>  I would appreciate your help to understand this scenario.

Does setting KeepAlive off change anything? What does server-status
look like during this time?  Is it possible your php scripts just
aren't responding fast enough, causing the server to run out of
processes?

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Scoreboard file not created

Posted by Chidanand Gangur <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Posted by Chidanand Gangur <ch...@gmail.com>.
I have a condition in my network where all of a sudden the server becomes
unresponsive I want to know what and where things are messing up.

I am using PHP for server side scripting where I open UNIX dgram socket to
comunicate to the back end. I have a test where 800-1000 user try to access
the server.

I see lot of  UNIX stream sockets in connected state in net stat though I am

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.