Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by George Stanchev <Gs...@serena.com> on 2008/01/25 23:31:35 UTC

X509NameTokenizer.java

Hi,

Right under

wss4j\trunk\src\org\apache\ws\security\components\crypto

there is a file: X509NameTokenizer.java

The license on the top is:

/*
 * This source is a plain copy from bouncycastle software.
 * Thus:
 * Copyright (c) 2000 The Legion Of The Bouncy Castle
(http://www.bouncycastle.org)
 */

This comment and the fact has been lifted from a project with a
different
license and having IP issues (they implement some encryption algorithm
that
is still patented in some countries) is giving me problems. Besides,
looking
at it, it is very rudimentary. It does not conform to 2253 very closely,
just
roughly.

XML-Security contains an RFC2253 parser which looks much much better and
is
under compatible license.

How about if we lift it and use it in WSS4J which will eliminate
licensing
issues and will improve parsing correctness?

Best Regards,
George

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.