Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by zoe slattery <zo...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/05 15:45:58 UTC

[DISCUSS] 0.3-incubating release?

Hi all

There has been a request to do a 0.3-incubating release. I'm happy to
manage this again (unless anyone one else wants to volunteer?) - but I
want to check that we have general agreement that now is the right time
to do a release.

The following components have been requested:
Blueprint
Transaction
JNDI
JPA
JMX.

Must-fix bugs:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES-510

So, is there any objection to doing a release now? Is anyone half way
through doing something that they want to finish? What other bugs need
to be fixed before we release?

Zoe

Re: [DISCUSS] 0.3-incubating release?

Posted by zoe slattery <zo...@gmail.com>.
Hi

In fact, looking at what has changed since the 0.2 release the easiest
thing would be to re-release everything. Here is a summary of the number
of changes in each module:

Parent 2
Testsupport 1
Web 3
Util 20
Proxy 72 (new)
Blueprint 72
Quiesce 7
JNDI 55
Application 158
JMX 13
Transaction 13
JPA 24
Blog sample 11
Ariestrader sample 2

I used this (eg for Blueprint) to get these numbers:
svn log -v -r {2010-09-06}:{2010-12-04} | grep trunk/blueprint | wc -l

Zoe

Posted by Alasdair Nottingham <no...@apache.org>.
Hi,