Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by ru...@us.ibm.com on 2000/02/08 23:13:21 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat/src/share/org/apache/tomcat/loader AdaptiveClassLoader.java SimpleFileFilter.java

Jon * wrote

> on 2/8/00 12:37 PM, rubys@locus.apache.org wrote:
>
> > JDK 1.1.X compatibility
>
> Wait a second. What versions of these are you using? They should have
> already been 1.1 compatible.

Sun JDK 1.1.8 on WinNT 4.0

The calls I changed are most decidedly not 1.1 compatible.

> Also, if you are going to borrow code from Apache JServ, I would
appreciate
> it if you would notify us directly when you make changes and fixes to the
> code like this so that we can keep them in sync.

I borrowed nothing from Apache JServ.  Somebody working on Catalina may
have.  Somebody else chose to copy from Catalina into the path of my
compilations.  At which point, it was in my way, and I fixed it.

If you can't tell, I tolerate but am not terribly pleased with all the
virtual branches going on.  I am, however, open to suggestions on how we
can mitigate this through better communications.  How am I supposed to know
when and to whom am I to notify when I change any given file?

- Sam Ruby

P.S.  Despite everything, goodness may have come out of this.  Now everyone
is looking at the various copies for changes that need to be merged.