Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by jerry_emmett <zk...@gmx.net> on 2003/03/11 13:34:13 UTC

Apache 2, Win32

First, I tried to install Bundle::Apache::ASP through CPAN, didn't
work out very well, I guess you're not supposed to use that in win32?

Or am I supposed to install gzip, lynx, wget and make in WinXP?

Anw, I used ppm install apache-asp, through ActiveState Perl. That
seemed to work. Not sure what it did though.

So, mod_perl2 seems to load in my Apache2 that now reads,
Apache/2.0.44 (Win32) mod_perl/1.99_09-dev Perl/v5.6.1 PHP/4.3.1
Server

But when I try the examples it just keeps loading and loading and
doing nothing.

So since I don't know what is working and what is not working I could
really use some guidance here.

Sincerely,
Jerry Emmett

Re: Apache 2, Win32

Posted by jerry_emmett <zk...@gmx.net>.
Here you can have a look,

http://www.webfrontmarketing.com/asp_perl/eg/index.html

http://www.webfrontmarketing.com/apache_log/
http://www.webfrontmarketing.com/apache_conf/

it definitely logs something, not sure what to make of it however

Goodday,
Jerry

Re: Apache 2, Win32

Posted by jerry_emmett <zk...@gmx.net>.
Oh yes! Stupid stupid stupid me, I looked at that file twice to see
if there were any obvious errors.

So all people that are as stupid as me : D  you gotta change the
#PerlSetVar StateDir  /tmp/asp_demo
PerlSetVar StateDir  "C:/www/temp"

that currently resides in the .htaccess file

Sincerely insincerely many thanks,
Jerry Emmett

Re: Apache 2, Win32

Posted by jerry_emmett <zk...@gmx.net>.
Allright, yahoo automaticly sends an email, sorry for replying
directly to you ; D

Anw, this is the case

Allright uninstalled perl and installed ActivePerl-5.8.0.805-MSWin32-
x86

did

ppm install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/mod_perl.ppd
C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\modules
rep add theoryx5
http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/cgi-bin/ppmserver?urn:/PPMServer58
install apache::asp

now it reads

Apache/2.0.44 (Win32) mod_perl/1.99_09-dev Perl/v5.8.0 PHP/4.3.1
mod_jk/1.2.2-beta-1 Server

.asp examples still generates an Internal Server Error though
with the httpd.conf file lines,

LoadFile "C:/Perl/bin/perl58.dll"
PerlModule Apache2

# PerlInterpMax 1
KeepAlive Off
ThreadsPerChild 1
Alias /asp_perl "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/asp_perl/"
PerlModule Apache::compat
PerlModule Apache::ASP
<Directory />
AllowOverride All
</Directory>

And now the Apache2.tar.gz bundle from
ftp://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/pub/other/ tells me it can't start because
Perl56.dll was not found (says a popup), and the cmd line says,
[error]
Can't load Perl file: C:/Apache2/conf/startup.pl for server
localhost:80,
exiting...

I didn't see why it thinks it have to use perl56.ddl to run
startup.pl? The only perl65.dll I found was in httpd.conf

LoadFile "C:/Perl/bin/perl56.dll"

which I changed to

LoadFile "C:/Perl/bin/perl58.dll"

I'm not that stupid huh  : D  hahah

Anw, thanks again, thanks for letting me disturb you, and maybe you
should put up that procedure

install ActivePerl-5.8.0.805-MSWin32-x86
ppm install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/mod_perl.ppd
C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\modules
rep add theoryx5
http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/cgi-bin/ppmserver?urn:/PPMServer58
install apache::asp

on your site so more lame Microsoft users like me can test and try
and maybe manage to get it to work somehow, someday

Thanks again

Re: Apache 2, Win32

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.