Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Ias <ia...@tmax.co.kr> on 2004/04/13 04:59:01 UTC

RE: cvs commit: ws-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/wsdl/fromJavaEmitter.java

> >What rationale does BP give for saying that putting namespace
> >declarations on soap:Body is a bad thing?  Seems silly to me.
>
> See here:
>
> http://www.ws-i.org/Profiles/Basic/2003-08/BasicProfile-1.0a.h
> tml#refinement34313448
>
>   R2716 A document-literal binding in a DESCRIPTION MUST NOT have the
>   namespace attribute specified on contained soapbind:body,
>   soapbind:header, soapbind:headerfault and soapbind:fault elements.

>   In a document-literal SOAP binding, the serialized element child of
>   the soap:Body gets its namespace from the targetNamespace of the
>   schema that defines the element. Use of the namespace attribute of
>   the soapbind:body element would override the element's namespace.
>   This is not allowed by the Profile.

Good point. Thanks for leading Axis one step forward to WS-I BP 1.0. :-)

> Note that R2717 says the opposite for rpc/literal.
>
> BTW, I don't have an easy way to track the code changes. Are
> y'all creating tests for the bugs you close? That way the bug
> will never be reintroduced.

Testing Java->WSDL (and even WSDL->Java) seems quite tough in terms of
artifacts, not runtime workability. Probably we need a testing framework for
a WSDL processor, particularly, walking with WS-I Profiles. How about
inventing WSUnit (WebServicesUnit)? (Or already exists?) For example,

Having Java classes
->
Processing them to a WSDL
->
Checking certain assertions to the generated WSDL

and vice versa,

Having a WSDL
->
Processing it to Java classes
->
Checking certain assertions to the generated classes

Your comments and opinions are welcome all the time.

Regards,

Ias

Re: cvs commit: ws-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/wsdl/fromJavaEmitter.java

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
I find it works quite well to use xpath assertions:

assertValid("/soap:Envelope/soap:Body/some/node")
assertInvalid("//soap:fault")
etc.

Examples....
http://ivory.codehaus.org/soaplet/xref-test/org/codehaus/soaplet/velocity/TestSoapletTest.html
http://ivory.codehaus.org/soaplet/xref/org/codehaus/soaplet/velocity/TestSoaplet.html

Just an idea... Works great with WSDL too....

assertInvalid("/wsdl:definitions/wsdl:binding/wsdl:operation/wsdl:input/wsdlsoap:body[@namespace]")

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions LLC

RE: cvs commit: ws-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/wsdl/fromJavaEmitter.java

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
my +1 for the concept BUT first we need to get 1.2 out the door by passing the JAX-RPC TCK :)

-- dims

=====