Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by je...@theunderground.net on 2005/12/18 18:15:09 UTC

Error with "Hello World" portlet example

I've been trying to run through the simple getting-start tutorial
(http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-simple-portlet.html)
but am encountering some problems.  Whenever I try to view the portlet, it
displays the following exception:

Title Error: Cannot pass a null PortletDefinition to a PortletEntity.

Failed to retrieve Portlet Definition for simplest::SimplestFailed to
retrieve Portlet Definition for
simplest::Simplestjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot pass a null
PortletDefinition to a PortletEntity.Failed to retrieve Portlet Definition
for simplest::SimplestFailed to retrieve Portlet Definition for
simplest::Simplest

I've tried following other JSR-168 tutorials on the web but keep
encountering this same error.  Anyone know what this means?

-Ben

Re: Error with "Hello World" portlet example

Posted by Joachim Müller <jo...@wemove.com>.
it seems your portlet could not be referenced correctly.

check if portlet-id and portlet-name are the same in your portlet.xml.
The reference of the portlet in your *.psml is mapped to
application-name(webapp name)::portlet-name(from portlet.xml)

Joachim