Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Brent L Johnson <br...@bjohnson.net> on 2004/02/05 22:55:46 UTC

FetchMail Errors

I'm working on an application that uses James as basically
a POP3 proxy.  I've configured fetchmail to pull email from
my POP3 server at my hosting provider.  I'm running
James 2.2.0a15 with FetchMail because I was having problems
with FetchPOP getting hung.

Here is the error:
Message could not be delivered due to an error determining the remote
domain.

I get this for half (or more) of the emails it attempts to
pull down.  Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

It happens a lot for spam, but also for legitimate emails (I've
been waiting 24+ hours for an important email .. only to find
out James wasnt pulling it from my POP3 server).

And if anyone is interested - I've also used Cocoon to create
a completely function web-mail interface that works directly
with the James JDBC stores.  I created a BayesianMatcher that
I use to classify emails as spam (or declassify them if needed).
If a particular email gets a 90%+ match then it gets moved
to deadletter as spam.  You can check out some screenshots
at http://sentinel.bjohnson.net

I just really need to TRUST James.. but right now I cant.  It
worries me that its running on my main email account :)
I'm also having problems sending email thru James but I'll
send that as a separate thread.

Thanks,

- Brent