Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Wilken Marci J <MA...@dhsoha.state.or.us.INVALID> on 2021/04/21 19:26:32 UTC

Adjust cxf client timestamp start time to fix incorrect timestamp soapfault from DataPower

 Is it possible to adjust the start time of a timestamp by a few second on a CXF client?

I am using the apache camel cxf component from Redhat 2.21.0.fuse-730078-redhat-00001.
I am making a call to the partner Data Power server that requires a timestamp for.  It is working about 75% of the time.   When it doesn't work I get this error back
Response-Code: 500
Encoding: ISO-8859-1
Headers: {Connection=[close], Content-Type=[text/xml], X-Backside-Transport=[FAIL FAIL]}
Payload: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><env:Body><env:Fault><faultcode>env:Client</faultcode><faultstring>
					Incorrect Timestamp
				 (from client)</faultstring></env:Fault></env:Body></env:Envelope>

According to the partner this is because my time stamp is future dated, because our system time is slightly ahead of their time.  Their suggestion is to adjust my timestamp by a second but I haven't been able to locate any thing I could set on the client side .

I did find this but it would be server side not client side.
ws-security.timestamp.futureTimeToLive The time in seconds in the future within which the Created time of an incoming Timestamp is valid. The default value is "60". See here for more information.
This is my configuration

<cxf:cxfEndpoint
        address="{{mci.ws.protocol}}://{{mci.ws.domain}}:{{mci.ws.port}}/{{mci.ws.service}}"
        id="serviceEndPoint" serviceClass="mci.hbe.ky.IMciService"
        wsdlURL="wsdl/MciService_stl2_2020.05.20.wsdl" xmlns:s="http://Ky.Hbe.Mci">
        <cxf:inInterceptors>
            <ref bean="loggingInInterceptor"/>
        </cxf:inInterceptors>
        <cxf:outInterceptors>
            <ref bean="loggingOutInterceptor"/>
        </cxf:outInterceptors>
        <cxf:inFaultInterceptors>
            <ref bean="loggingInInterceptor"/>
        </cxf:inFaultInterceptors>
        <cxf:outFaultInterceptors>
            <ref bean="loggingOutInterceptor"/>
        </cxf:outFaultInterceptors>
        <cxf:properties>
            <entry key="ws-security.timestamp.timeToLive" value="600"/>
            <entry key="ws-security.timestamp.futureTimeToLive " value="60"/>
            <entry key="hostnameverifier" value="hostnameVerifier"/>
            <entry key="ws-security.must-understand" value="false"/>
            <entry key="ws-security.enable.timestamp" value="true"/>
            <entry key="ws-security.enable.timestamp.cache" value="false"/>
            <entry key="loggingFeatureEnabled" value="true"/>
        </cxf:properties>
    </cxf:cxfEndpoint>
    <http-conf:conduit name="{http://Ky.Hbe.Mci}MciBasicHttpEndpoint.http-conduit">
        <http-conf:client AllowChunking="false" Connection="Keep-Alive"
            ConnectionTimeout="30000" MaxRetransmits="4" ReceiveTimeout="15000"/>
        <http-conf:tlsClientParameters disableCNCheck="false">
            <sec:keyManagers keyPassword="${server.keymanager.password}">
                <sec:keyStore password="${server.keystore.password}"
                    resource="${jboss.home.dir}\opts\certs\${server.keystore}" type="JKS"/>
            </sec:keyManagers>
            <sec:trustManagers>
                <sec:keyStore password="${server.truststore.password}"
                    resource="${jboss.home.dir}\opts\certs\${server.truststore}" type="JKS"/>
            </sec:trustManagers>
            <sec:cipherSuites>
                <sec:cipherSuite>TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA</sec:cipherSuite>
            </sec:cipherSuites>
            <sec:cipherSuitesFilter>
                <sec:include>.*_EXPORT_.*</sec:include>
                <sec:include>.*_EXPORT1024_.*</sec:include>
                <sec:include>.*_WITH_DES_.*</sec:include>
                <sec:exclude>.*WITH_NULL.*</sec:exclude>
                <sec:exclude>.*DH_anon.*</sec:exclude>
            </sec:cipherSuitesFilter>
        </http-conf:tlsClientParameters>
    </http-conf:conduit>

Thanks Marci

RE: Adjust cxf client timestamp start time to fix incorrect timestamp soapfault from DataPower

Posted by Wilken Marci J <MA...@dhsoha.state.or.us.INVALID>.
Just to follow up on this in case anyone else has this problem.
Both systems are on the same State Network using the same NTP Server however it look like their servers are running behind,  In the tests I received back I was being rejected by 106, 54 and 111 milliseconds.  The vendor will not adjust the time skew on the Data Power server to account for this.

Posted by Mark Presling <ma...@argonaut.nz>.

Posted by Wilken Marci J <MA...@dhsoha.state.or.us.INVALID>.

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Hi,