Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by David CaiQiang <da...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/20 04:08:29 UTC

[Discussion] How to pass some options into Insert Into command

Hi all,
    For data loading, we can pass some options into load data command by
using options clause, but insert into command can't.

    How to pass some options into Insert Into command?  some options as
following.
    1. implement options clause for insert into command
    2. use hint
    3. set key=value
    4. other methods to implement the same result, for example,  use
"clustered by random(2) " to implement "GLOBAL_SORT_PARTITIONS"="2"
    5. ??

   any suggestion?

-----
Best Regards
David Cai

Re: [Discussion] How to pass some options into Insert Into command

Posted by litao <li...@126.com>.
hi, all
does this discuss has a conclusion?

Re: [Discussion] How to pass some options into Insert Into command

Posted by David CaiQiang <da...@gmail.com>.
There is no options clause in hive load data command too. We added...

So maybe we can do the same on insert into command.

-----

Posted by ChuanYin Xu <xu...@outlook.com>.
Using options in insert command may result in compatibility related problems with other SparkSQL engines.

If we really want to provide some options, I'd suggest using hint instead.

Re: [Discussion] How to pass some options into Insert Into command

Posted by qiuchenjian <80...@qq.com>.
hi xuchuanyin
I just suggest the grammar of Carbon is simalar to SparkSql, if we don't
support the "set value", option clause is OK, it's better to handle
different insert SQL using different options in a session

Re: [Discussion] How to pass some options into Insert Into command

Posted by ChuanYin Xu <xu...@outlook.com>.
Hi qiu, the problem is that carbondata current do not read those options from the environment.

As far as I know, there is no way to specify options in insert into command in carbondata currently.

Re: [Discussion] How to pass some options into Insert Into command

Posted by ChuanYin Xu <xu...@outlook.com>.

Posted by qiuchenjian <80...@qq.com>.
i think "set key=value" is a common method, like hive and sparksql