Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by C0re <bl...@hotmail.co.uk> on 2010/10/14 12:30:39 UTC

Handling incomplete/malformed queries

Queries such as:

Cat AND

(i.e the query is malformed with no second term provided)

Causes a ParseException.

Of course I could parse the query for sanity before it is submitted to Solr
but I wondered if there is a good practice way of checking/dealing with
queries which are incomplete? Perhaps a library already exists to help with
this?

Thanks.

Re: Handling incomplete/malformed queries

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Hm, yeah, there is a library - the query parser classes in Lucene/Solr
themselves.  As far as I know, you have to try parsing and if there is no
exception, the query is valid.

Otis----

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,