Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Joachim Harabasz <jo...@scoop-software.de> on 2019/02/06 08:07:43 UTC

CXF 3.3.0: WSDLToJava generates different package names

Hallo all,

I noticed that in the new CXF Release 3.3.0 WSDLToJava generates different package names from the wsdl namespaces
compared to what it used to do in 2.7.3.

For example the namespace

http://aa.bb.cc.ddd/eee/fff_v01.00

was mapped to the package name

ddd.cc.bb.aa.eee.fff_v01_00  (2.7.3)

but now get mapped to this

ddd.cc.bb.aa.eee.fff_v01  (3.3.0)

I tracked it down to CXF commit:

https://github.com/apache/cxf/commit/6d508b399265de89b73059a187e0264861bd07fc

which changes

org/apache/cxf/tools/common/ToolContext.java

to use:

PackageUtils.parsePackageName() (3.3.0)

instead of:

URIParserUtil.parsePackageName()   (3.2.7)

Because the commit 6d508b399265de89b73059a187e0264861bd07fc is mostly a cleanup commit,
this change in behavior looks like a bug to me.

Could you please clarify if this change of behavior was intentional.

regards

Joachim Harabasz

Re: CXF 3.3.0: WSDLToJava generates different package names

Posted by Alexey Markevich <bu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joachim,
I assumed that PackageUtils logic is more correct; there is only difference
you mentioned is in place. I'll take URIParserUtil logic instead.

Regards, Alexey.