Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1996/04/14 19:40:47 UTC

multi use of ErrorDocument

Scenario:
  I have an ErrorDocuemnt for 'file not found' (404) which calls a
script. Sadly, scripts can break, so I have an ErrorDocument for
'script error' (500) which is a static html file.
However, after calling my 404 script (which execs a choice of other
scripts) and it fails, my 500 html file isn't displayed, instead, the name
of the 404 script name gets echoed back.

Anyone know how to fix this?

I've also found that after hitting my 404 script, if I then try to
use Location (internal or external) all I get back is a document contains
no data  :-(   because the 404 status survived the redirect. I can
fix that by adding an explicit status header to my script, but maybe
there's a better fix  ?

rob