Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Steffen <in...@apachelounge.com> on 2006/01/06 20:20:55 UTC

mod_dbd and Windows

Hi,

Maybe there is some help for the Windows community,
we are still struggling to get mod_dbd working with Windows.

Several ppl tried it, but it crashes Apache or it looses connections,
see: http://www.apachelounge.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52

To get it compiled, as i told you before, mysql.h has to be changed,
see: http://www.apachelounge.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=280#280

Thanks,

Steffen

Re: mod_dbd and Windows

Posted by Steffen <in...@apachelounge.com>.
mod_dbd together with the apr_dbd framework, is listed in the "new features"
document for 2.2, which rather implies that it should work and is to some
degree supported.

As far as my and other win users experience, I hade to conclude that
mod_dbd/mod_authn_dbd is experimental.

Steffen
Posted by Carsten Wiedmann <ca...@gmx.de>.
Nick Kew schrieb:

> On Friday 06 January 2006 19:20, Steffen wrote:
> > Several ppl tried it, but it crashes Apache or it looses connections,
> > see: http://www.apachelounge.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52
> >
> > To get it compiled, as i told you before, mysql.h has to be changed,
> > see: http://www.apachelounge.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=280#280
>
> Looking at your URL, you've changed __WIN__ to __WIN32__ in mysql.h.
> That seems to be something internal to MySQL itself, outside the
> reach of the apr_dbd_mysql driver.

I've also tried to use mod_dbd and MySQL on Windows with no luck.  I don't
must change "mysql.h" to compile the modules. Instead I must add this line
in "apr_dbd_mysql.c":
| #include <mysql/my_global.h>
before:

Re: mod_dbd and Windows

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Friday 06 January 2006 19:20, Steffen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Maybe there is some help for the Windows community,
> we are still struggling to get mod_dbd working with Windows.

You seem to be equating dbd with mysql here?

> Several ppl tried it, but it crashes Apache or it looses connections,
> see: http://www.apachelounge.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52
>
> To get it compiled, as i told you before, mysql.h has to be changed,
> see: http://www.apachelounge.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=280#280

I thought you said it worked with MySQL 4.1 but caused trouble with 5.0?

Looking at your URL, you've changed __WIN__ to __WIN32__ in mysql.h.
That seems to be something internal to MySQL itself, outside the
reach of the apr_dbd_mysql driver.

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, the MySQL driver was only ever a quick
clone of the PostgreSQL driver (which I use myself).  If you or anyone else
would like to take over maintenance of it (under the GPL), that's fine by me.
Or of course you could fork a Windows version of it.

Alternatively, it's now under subversion, and (round tuits permitting) should
also come under bug tracking in the not-too-distant future.  If you think
you have something to contribute, let me know.

--
Nick Kew

Re: mod_dbd and Windows

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Friday 06 January 2006 19:20, Steffen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Maybe there is some help for the Windows community,
> we are still struggling to get mod_dbd working with Windows.

FWIW, I've just (coincidentally) got a genuine bug report from
another user, and fixed the bug.  It's in dbd_mysql_open, so
if that's what gives you trouble, try again!

http://apache.webthing.com/svn/apache/apr/

--
Nick Kew