Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anthony Gray <an...@hotmail.com> on 2004/02/07 03:22:30 UTC

manager app "No context exists for path /"

Hi All,

I'm trying to use the manager app (via /manager/html) so that I can
restart/stop/start apps, however I'm getting the message "No context exists
for path /" when I try to stop/restart the app.  I'm using linux, tomcat
5.0.16, apache 2.0.47 and jk2 2.0.2, and My directory structure is like the
following :

jsp files : /home/<user>/www/
classes : /home/<user>/www/WEB-INF/classes/myjsp/

The web.xml in /home/<user>/www/WEB-INF/ doesn't have anything defined
within the <web-app> directives, the app does not seem to require it for
running.  I have tried inserting the class names in here but it didn't seem
to help (also I'm a newbie and I didn't really know what I was doing).

The app runs fine and the jakarta help for the error message is "There is no
deployed application on the context path that you specified.".

How can I make the manager app see my application ?

TIA
Anthony

Re: manager app "No context exists for path /"

Posted by Josh Rehman <jr...@citysearch.com>.
Anthony Gray wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to use the manager app (via /manager/html) so that I can
> restart/stop/start apps, however I'm getting the message "No context
> exists for path /" when I try to stop/restart the app.  I'm using linux,
> tomcat 5.0.16, apache 2.0.47 and jk2 2.0.2, and My directory structure
> is like the following :
>
> jsp files : /home/<user>/www/
> classes : /home/<user>/www/WEB-INF/classes/myjsp/
>
> The web.xml in /home/<user>/www/WEB-INF/ doesn't have anything defined
> within the <web-app> directives, the app does not seem to require it for
> running.  I have tried inserting the class names in here but it didn't
> seem to help (also I'm a newbie and I didn't really know what I was doing).
>
> The app runs fine and the jakarta help for the error message is "There
> is no deployed application on the context path that you specified.".
>
> How can I make the manager app see my application ?

I've not seen this exact error, but I have seen some "no contexts exist"
messages (and general broken-ness) after mucking about with server.xml.
I would suggest deploying with the manager, to make sure the app config
is correct, and trying again.

--
Josh Rehman
citysearch.com