Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by Kunal Kapoor <ku...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/17 08:50:41 UTC

[VOTE] Apache CarbonData 2.0.0(RC3) release

Hi All,

I submit the Apache CarbonData 2.0.0(RC3) for your vote.

*1.Release Notes:*
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12346046&styleName=Html&projectId=12320220

*Some key features and improvements in this release:*

   - Adapt to SparkSessionExtensions
   - Support integration with spark 2.4.5
   - Support heterogeneous format segments in carbondata
   - Support write Flink streaming data to Carbon
   - Insert from stage command support partition table.
   - Support secondary index on carbon table
   - Support query of stage files
   - Support TimeBased Cache expiration using ExpiringMap
   - Improve insert into performance and decrease memory foot print
   - Support PyTorch and TensorFlow

 *2. The tag to be voted upon* : apache-carbondata-2.0.0-rc3
<https://github.com/apache/carbondata/tree/apache-carbondata-2.0.0-rc3>

Commit: 29d78b78095ad02afde750d89a0e44f153bcc0f3
<https://github.com/apache/carbondata/commit/29d78b78095ad02afde750d89a0e44f153bcc0f3>

*3. The artifacts to be voted on are located here:*
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/carbondata/2.0.0-rc3/

*4. A staged Maven repository is available for review at:*
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecarbondata-1062/

*5. Release artifacts are signed with the following key:*
https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/kunalkapoor.asc

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache CarbonData 2.0.0,
The vote will be open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
least three +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache CarbonData 2.0.0

[ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Kunal Kapoor

Re: [VOTE] Apache CarbonData 2.0.0(RC3) release

Posted by Kumar Vishal <ku...@gmail.com>.
+1
Regards
Kumar Vishal

Posted by Kunal Kapoor <ku...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,
Java-docs are created only for java classes, and mv-plan does not have any
java classes therefore there is no doc jar.

Posted by Ravindra Pesala <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1

Regards,
Ravindra.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ravi

Re: [VOTE] Apache CarbonData 2.0.0(RC3) release

Posted by Ajantha Bhat <aj...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jacky Li <ja...@qq.com>.
+1

Posted by Kunal Kapoor <ku...@gmail.com>.
Hi all

PMC vote has passed for Apache Carbondata 2.0.0 release, the result as
below:

+1(binding): 6(Jacky, Kumar Vishal, Ravindra, David CaiQiang, Liang Chen,
Zhichao Zhang)

+1(non-binding) : 3

Thanks all for your vote.

Posted by Kunal Kapoor <ku...@gmail.com>.
Hi all

回复:[VOTE] Apache CarbonData 2.0.0(RC3) release

Posted by 爱在西元前 <37...@qq.com>.
+1

Posted by Akash r <ak...@gmail.com>.
+1

Regards
Akash R Nilugal

Posted by Kunal Kapoor <ku...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,
Yeah you are right. I will remove the 2.4 source zip and other files for
the same.

Thanks
Kunal Kapoor

Posted by Liang Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1(binding) from myside.

Regards
Liang

kunalkapoor wrote

Posted by Ajantha Bhat <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin,
Thanks for pointing it out about the "Copyright (c) 2017-2018 Uber
Technologies, Inc."

I see that *two test files* in *pycarbon* module of carbondata has it.
As pycarbon depends on open source Apache license *uber's petastrom*
project.
These two testcase files were imported from that project has this.

It is an error. we will remove it.

Thanks,
Ajantha

Posted by 恩爸 <44...@qq.com>.
+1 from my side.

Best regards,
Zhichao Zhang

&nbsp;

------------------&nbsp;Original&nbsp;------------------
Date:&nbsp;Mon, May 18, 2020 02:59 PM
To:&nbsp;"恩爸"<441586683@qq.com&gt;;

Subject:&nbsp;Re: [VOTE] Apache CarbonData 2.0.0(RC3) release

 	+1

-----
Best Regards
David Cai
 		To unsubscribe from Apache CarbonData Dev Mailing List archive, click here.
 		NAML

Re: [VOTE] Apache CarbonData 2.0.0(RC3) release

Posted by David CaiQiang <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

-----
Best Regards