Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/25 00:48:22 UTC

website ideas and stale content

Hi ,

Would like to clean up our website a bit and identify links/pages with
stale/incorrect content. If you have ideas for content which would make our
site more useful, please do come forward and share them on this thread. Not
sure how we should approach this collaboratively, but the easiest is that if
you find something which is wrong, stale or poorly organised, either fix it,
or simply identify it and share it on this thread if you do not have time to
fix it. Somebody can probably pick it up and fix it.

You could share the page in the following format:
[url] :- Issue

For example,
[https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENEJB/News ] :- News is
stale, I am not sure how to update it, can somebody look into it

Looking forward to some interesting ideas :)

--
Karan Singh Malhi

Re: website ideas and stale content

Posted by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.
Just so you know, there is a JIRA component for documentation too. We could
probably use that to list things which are bad. Again, if things can be
fixed, no need to file a JIRA, otherwise, it might not be a bad idea to use
it for our website fixes. What do you think?
Here is the link to our Documentation component in JIRA
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+OPENEJB+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+AND+component+%3D+documentation+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide

Posted by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 8:05 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau
<rm...@gmail.com>wrote:

> It is still a raw idea but if we could read directly online presentations
> it
> could be really cool.
>
> That would be really cool. I see that they offer a Developer API

> About "communauty media" (facebook etc) i thought a "widget" to show most
> active thread on nabble or on the lists.

Sure, this is definitely a possibility. Nice one

> I'm not aware of the technology used by the website, where can i get more
> informaitons?

Don't have much time right now, but basically :
1. Use the Edit link on any page to edit that page -- any changes you make
here will be reflected immediately on the site
2. To add files to the website, you need to go to people.apache.org, our
website is located under /www/openejb.apache.org -- any changes here will
take a couple of hours before they are reflected on our main site.
3. There is an svn repo (
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/website/html/) - where we
backup our site and that should be (is not currently) in sync with the code
in /www/people.apache.org - need to fix that. The main page with <head> and
velocity template which you could modify. However, change to this template
file will not be reflected, that has to be updated in another site (see #4
below).
4.  The velocity template needs to be modified @
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/admin/autoexport/configuration.action .
For this you would need admin rights (its a dblevins area).
5. After you make the changes, you need to go to the site in #4 and "Export
Pages" to regenerate/export all pages.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.
[https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB]  - shows that version 3.0.2
is still due. Is there a 3.0.2 release in the pipeline? If not, can we
remove that?
[http://openejb.apache.org/download.html] - This page needs to be structured
better. Specifically, it needs to be a bit more word about each type of
download and should also contain link to installation instructions and
documentation right next to the download
[http://openejb.apache.org/faq.html] - some more questions here would be
great
[https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENEJB/Lightening%20Demos] -
Somebody other than dblevins could also post some demos here - including
myself. Feel free to bounce ideas for demos in the list :)
[http://blogs.apache.org/openejb/] - again, somebody besides dblevins here
[http://openejb.apache.org/articles.html] - more the merrier. You can even
write articles in confluence and link here on this page.

--
Karan Singh Malhi