Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com> on 2022/12/11 17:14:13 UTC

MouseEvent.clientX/Y

Does anyone remember why were’s using clientX and clientY on the JS side of things?

Isn’t pageX and pageY usually the more accurate of the two when there’s page scrolling?

I’d think that the page values in JS corresponds to the client ones in Flash. unless I’m missing something…

Harbs

Re: MouseEvent.clientX/Y

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Possibly because we started out targeting IE8.

I'd also check on how those values compare in different scrolling implementations in Flash.  There was a mask property in old MX components, and scrollRect in Spark components.  And then I think virtual scrolling might have worked slightly differently as well.

HTH,
-Alex

EXTERNAL: Use caution when clicking on links or opening attachments.