Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vickie Troy-McKoy <vt...@hotmail.com> on 2011/12/17 01:34:14 UTC

AJP 1.3 Connector

Hi,

I'm in need of a little help.  I'm trying to get my tomcat and apache web server instances communicating; they are running on two different physical servers.  When I attempt a test of the application url, it basically says that a connection cannot be established.  I am running the following:

RHEL Release 5.6 (x86_64)
Apache Tomcat 7.0.14
Apache/2.0.64
mod_jk/1.2.32

On the 1st physical server, the apache webserver instance resides:

httpd.conf contains the following:

LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so
#
JkWorkersFile conf/workers.properties
JkMount /* server2

workers.properties contain the following:

worker.list=server2
worker.server2.port=8009
worker.server2.host=server2.ourlab.com
worker.server2.type=ajp13
worker.server2.lbfactor=1
worker.server2.socket_keepalive=1

On the 2nd physical server, the apache-tomcat instance resides:

server.xml contains the following:

    <Connector port="8009" enableLookups="false" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443" />

<Connector port="8443" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
         [and various other settings]

I am missing something.  Can someone please provide help?  Thank you...

_______________________________________
Regards,

_______________________________________
JESUS--Don't leave earth without Him!
There is an election going on all the time.
The Lord votes for you and satan votes against you;
and you must cast the deciding vote.

Re: AJP 1.3 Connector

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Igor Cicimov wrote:
> If you have virtual host in apache jkMount needs to be inside the virtual
> host.

Not necessarily true (JkMountCopy?), but in any case it seems irrelevant here.

RE: AJP 1.3 Connector

Posted by "Troy-McKoy, Vickie" <vt...@decc.sdps.org>.
Thank you all for your responses; but my issue was in my testing.  My configuration was fine; however, I was testing in my browser using the wrong port number.  Thanks again...

Regards,

Posted by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com>.

Re: AJP 1.3 Connector

Posted by Tim Watts <ti...@cliftonfarm.org>.
I'm having doubts that mod_jk is actually loading.  You say httpd.conf
contains this line:

LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so

Unless you have a 'modules' directory under your ServerRoot that line
should probably be  /usr/local/lib/apache/mod_jk.so  or something
similar.

Try this command and see what it turns up:

	find /usr -name mod_jk.so

Use the full path in the LoadModule directive and force httpd to reload
its config.

Re: AJP 1.3 Connector

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.

RE: AJP 1.3 Connector

RE: AJP 1.3 Connector

Posted by Tim Watts <ti...@cliftonfarm.org>.

RE: AJP 1.3 Connector

Posted by "Troy-McKoy, Vickie" <vt...@decc.sdps.org>.
Thanks for your response.

When I ping server2, I get valid responses coming back.  When I telnet to server2 on port 8009, I am also able to connect.

> I'm in need of a little help.  I'm trying to get my tomcat and apache web server instances communicating; they are running on two different physical servers.  When I attempt a test of the application url, it basically says that a connection cannot be established.  I am running the following:
>
> RHEL Release 5.6 (x86_64)
> Apache Tomcat 7.0.14
> Apache/2.0.64
> mod_jk/1.2.32
>
> On the 1st physical server, the apache webserver instance resides:
>
> httpd.conf contains the following:
>
> LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so # JkWorkersFile
> conf/workers.properties JkMount /* server2
>
> workers.properties contain the following:
>
> worker.list=server2
> worker.server2.port=8009
> worker.server2.host=server2.ourlab.com
> worker.server2.type=ajp13
> worker.server2.lbfactor=1
> worker.server2.socket_keepalive=1
>

> On the 2nd physical server, the apache-tomcat instance resides:
>
> server.xml contains the following:
>
> <!-- Define an AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009 -->
>     <Connector port="8009" enableLookups="false" protocol="AJP/1.3"
> redirectPort="8443" />
>
> <Connector port="8443" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
>          [and various other settings]
>

> I am missing something.  Can someone please provide help?  Thank you...

Hi.
Your configuration looks fine.
The problem then should be with the network.
Try the following :
 From the Apache httpd server (command-line),

Re: AJP 1.3 Connector

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Vickie Troy-McKoy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm in need of a little help.  I'm trying to get my tomcat and apache web server instances communicating; they are running on two different physical servers.  When I attempt a test of the application url, it basically says that a connection cannot be established.  I am running the following:
>
> RHEL Release 5.6 (x86_64)
> Apache Tomcat 7.0.14
> Apache/2.0.64
> mod_jk/1.2.32
>
> On the 1st physical server, the apache webserver instance resides:
>
> httpd.conf contains the following:
>
> LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so
> #
> JkWorkersFile conf/workers.properties
> JkMount /* server2
>
> workers.properties contain the following:
>
> worker.list=server2
> worker.server2.port=8009
> worker.server2.host=server2.ourlab.com
> worker.server2.type=ajp13
> worker.server2.lbfactor=1
> worker.server2.socket_keepalive=1
>

> On the 2nd physical server, the apache-tomcat instance resides:
>
> server.xml contains the following:
>
> <!-- Define an AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009 -->
>     <Connector port="8009" enableLookups="false" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443" />
>
> <Connector port="8443" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
>          [and various other settings]
>

> I am missing something.  Can someone please provide help?  Thank you...

Hi.
Your configuration looks fine.
The problem then should be with the network.
Try the following :
 From the Apache httpd server (command-line),

RE: AJP 1.3 Connector

Posted by "Troy-McKoy, Vickie" <vt...@decc.sdps.org>.
Thanks; but, I disabled the firewall on both machines before I started the configuration.

Re: AJP 1.3 Connector

Posted by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com>.
Firewall?