Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Ramiro Rinaudo <rr...@fibertel.com.ar> on 2003/08/02 19:31:23 UTC

How to fix the SAX exception with jdk1.4.2:K@N@!:

To fix the SAX problem do this.
Declare an eviroment variable named JAVA_ENDORSED_DIRS pointing to your
%TOMCAT_HOME%\commons\endorsed
then copy:
xml-apis.jar
xalan-2.3.1.jar
xerces-2.0.2.jar
xercesImpl.jar
xml-apis-2.0.2.jar

from the webapp/jetspeed/web-inf/lib
into the endorsed directory.

For windows users, don't run tomcat from the start menu cause this link
doesn't use the JAVA_ENDORSED_DIR property, run tomcat from
tomcat/bin/startup.bat

This happens cause the jdk 1.4.2 has an implementation of XML parser, that
doesn't work with rss.
Doing this you will overide the default xml parser with the ones you have to
use.

I think this is helpfull so I post it.

Good Luck
Ramiro Rinaudo

Posted by Glen Carl <gl...@buonvia.com>.
On Linux with Tomcat 4.1.24, I just dropped a copy of xalan-2.3.1.jar in the
common/endorsed directory and it worked fine. I probably should copy the rest of
the files too.
Glen

Posted by Glen Carl <gl...@buonvia.com>.