Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Sergey Missan <ad...@javable.com> on 2003/05/07 18:25:43 UTC

Re[2]: ¿any recomendations for xml editors?

Hello Jeff, Juan,

another solution:
use text editor that supports HTMLTidy
configure Tidy with
input-xml: yes

If you have a serious screwup in your document, Tidy will not be able
to clean it, and will give you an error message similar to XML parser.
Repeat until Tidy is happy, and you'll even get a pretty-printed doc
at the end ;)
(if you're wondering why not to rerun forrest -- Tidy is *much*
faster, albeit less acurate)

-- Sergey

Re: ¿any recomendations for xml editors?

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@che-che.com>.
Sergey,Jeff,

Well, what I got in mind is an xml editor that is aware of the dtd.

Once you have already setup your look and feel with forrest you wanted
to populated with content.

So if I got a dtd like document-v12.dtd, the editor should be aware of
what tags are you allow to insert and where.

so my first choice must be to create a document tag and so on...

When you created the content in this way, there is no need for
validation as far as I know...

¿Is this more or less the way you think we could populate the content
with forrest?

maybe should I look for an xhtml editor and then transform it with xslt
to a document-v12?

Thank you!

Cheche