Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "justin.frost" <ju...@fusion5.com.au> on 2012/10/09 01:40:56 UTC

Output multiple pages to 1 PNG image

Hi all,

We use FOP to create multiple page PDF output and this is working great.  We
now have a project to support a device which cannot handle PDF's, so we need
to stream the output as a PNG image.

This is working great for 1 page output, but if it is more than 1 page, we
of course only get the first page as each page is a separate PNG.

Is there anyway to output all pages to a single PNG ?  We display the output
in an IFRAME as a streamed PNG image, so more than one PNG file is not an
option.

Cheers.

RE: Output multiple pages to 1 PNG image

Posted by Bernard Giannetti <th...@hotmail.com>.
Found this article which might help (assuming you're on Linux): http://rystraum.com/blog/2011/08/concatenating-images-with-montage/

Posted by Luis Bernardo <lm...@gmail.com>.
If you have in mind multiple pages in one image the way TIFF does then
that is not possible with PNG. There is a related format, MNG, that
could do that, but FOP cannot output to that and in any case, your
device would probably not be able to handle MNG. AFAIK, none of the
browsers supports that natively, although there is a plugin to some of them.