Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by dcheckoway <dc...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/08 20:05:35 UTC

Re: ActiveMq console fails with java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jsp.index_jsp

FWIW, I've seen this same issue happen several times in the past on 5.4.2
(hasn't happened yet with 5.5.0), but I haven't been able to put my finger
on when/why.  Just wanted to let you know you're not crazy.  The only way
I've worked around it is to restart activemq.

Dan

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 2:03 PM, eweinberg [via ActiveMQ] <
ml-node+3437076-207004612-140184@n4.nabble.com> wrote:

> After several days of uptime, i've noticed that the ActiveMq web console
> will stop working. By not working, i mean the /admin page will say
> 'Exception occurred while processing this request, check the log for more
> information!'
>
> Checking the log i see
>
> 2011-04-08 09:58:09,160 | WARN  | /admin/ | org.eclipse.jetty.util.log |
> qtp12319324-31
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jsp.index_jsp
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
> <snip>
>

> Digging into it, i see that Jetty is compiling the jsps into
> /tmp/Jettyblahblahblah_8161_secretcode/
> I believe our servers (centos i believe) have a cron to clean up the tmp
> directory every few days and those classes are being blown away.  When i
> look in the /tmp/Jetty all i see is jsp/org/apache/jsp/index_jsp.class and
> jsp/org/apache/jsp/index_jsp.java  and the timestamp is from when i first
> got the error message.
>
> On an activeMq instance that is working properly, i've noticed there are
> more classes than what i'm seeing in the broken one.
>
> Any thoughts? I'm not really a unix guy so I'm not sure if permissions
> would be an issue or not. I would imagine that since a restart fixes things,
> everything is on the up and up.
>
> I've tried to reproduce the issue by deleting the dirs that the jsps
> compile to in win7 and ubuntu (which are stored in the /tmp)  but I have
> been unable to do so.
>
> Any suggestions for a work around would be great as well. Something such as
> being able to restart the admin console without bringing down the broker.
>
> Thanks
>
> ------------------------------
> below:
>
> http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMq-console-fails-with-java-lang-ClassNotFoundException-org-apache-jsp-index-jsp-tp3437076p3437076.html
>  To start a new topic under ActiveMQ - User, email
> ml-node+2341805-1540034554-140184@n4.nabble.com

-----
Dan Checkoway
dcheckoway gmail com

Re: ActiveMq console fails with java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jsp.index_jsp

Posted by hodgesz <ho...@gmail.com>.
I just experienced this in 5.5.1 so the issue still remains.  Does anyone
know how to resolve this?

-Jonathan