Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Hans Prueller <ha...@gmx.net> on 2005/11/18 15:04:12 UTC

Geronimo CMP Engine

Hi together,

some months ago I did some first tests with Geronimo - we're currently
building
a J2EE-App runing on JOnAS application server. Due to some bad errors within
the Transaction-Management/CMP-Engine in JOnAS we're forced to have a look
at alternatives to JOnAS. In fact we would like Geronimo, as we have
made lots
of positive experience with Apache/Jakarta projects. The recent release
of IBM's
WAS CE boosted our migration ideas again...

In fact I would be interested if Geronimo is already ready for
production usage in a
real world scenario? We have learned that beeing j2ee-certified doesnt
guarantee that...

As our project is a rather large and complex one, migration is
inherently combined with
lots of hours of work - we know about some JBoss-to-Geronimo migration
tutorials or
tools, is there anything similar for JOnAS? I'm not sure...

Are there any former JOnAS users out there on the list who have made
some experience?
I would really like to get some more information or something like
"success stories" before
we'll start putting efforts into migration and testing...

thanks for any response,
Hans

Re: Geronimo CMP Engine

Posted by Hans Prueller <ha...@gmx.net>.
 >> something that reads server-specific deployment descriptors from an
application configured
 >> for a different vendor's product and emits a Geronimo deployment
plan based on that information.

I already thought about starting a project doing similar stuff:
reading/parsing product-specific DDs,
generation of some meta-info format in between and using this
meta-format for generation of
server specific DDs again - a from X to Y conversion tool one could say.

But currently I'm rather short of time and did not yet start, in
addition I know JOnAS for about
3 years know but I have rather no experience with other servers. Perhaps
we'll find some guys
who'd start up this project....

Hans

--