Posted to user@geode.apache.org by Mark Secrist <ms...@pivotal.io> on 2017/04/18 16:59:56 UTC

Questions about gfsh and Cluster Config for eviction

I'm trying to sort out the current support in GemFire/Geode for configuring
eviction and overflow from the gfsh command and using Cluster
Configuration. As background, my objective is to use cluster config to
accomplish the following:

<cache>
  <disk-store name="Server1Persistence">
    <disk-dirs>
      <disk-dir>persist</disk-dir>
    </disk-dirs>
  </disk-store>
  <region name="BookMaster" >
    <region-attributes refid="REPLICATE_PERSISTENT"
disk-store-name="Server1Persistence">
      <eviction-attributes>
        <lru-entry-count maximum="2" action="overflow-to-disk"/>
      </eviction-attributes>
    </region-attributes>
  </region>
</cache>

While I can create disk stores and set up some of the properties, there
don't appear to be any options in 'create region' or 'alter region' for
defining eviction as shown above. I also notice looking at the
documentation that these capabilities are performed exclusively with xml
configuration. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Mark

--

*Mark Secrist | Sr Manager, **Global Education Delivery*

msecrist@pivotal.io

970.214.4567 Mobile

  *pivotal.io <http://www.pivotal.io/>*

Follow Us: Twitter <http://www.twitter.com/pivotal> | LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/pivotalsoftware> | Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pivotalsoftware> | YouTube
<http://www.youtube.com/gopivotal> | Google+
<https://plus.google.com/105320112436428794490>

Re: Questions about gfsh and Cluster Config for eviction

Posted by Michael Stolz <ms...@pivotal.io>.
Any and all feedback on missing gfsh commands or options are very very
welcome.

--
Mike Stolz
Principal Engineer, GemFire Product Manager

Posted by Swapnil Bawaskar <sb...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Mark,

Posted by Mark Secrist <ms...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Darrel Schneider <ds...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Nabarun Nag <nn...@apache.org>.
Thanks for clarifying that. I misinterpreted the statement in the doc
"You can use the alter disk-store command to change the configuration of
the region stored in the disk-store to match the configuration you will use
at restart."

Regards
Naba

Posted by Darrel Schneider <ds...@pivotal.io>.