Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com> on 2003/01/01 21:41:50 UTC

Re: Licence for javax activation, mail & transaction

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> Hi team,
>>
>> We have in our build some conditional compilation against javax
>> activation, mail and transaction because it was said that we cannot
>> redistribute them.
>>
>> Reading the license for these packages, I'm not sure redistribution
>> is forbidden. Please go to http://java.sun.com/products/jta/ and
>> click the "Continue" button next to "Class Files 1.0.1B".
>>
>> What I understand in item 2 (License to Distribute Software)* *of the
>> supplemental license terms, is that we can redistribute the software,
>> provided that we redistribute it unmodified.
>>
>> I am missing something that my combined poor understanding of english
>> and law has hidden to me, or can we include this in our CVS ?
>

> We should run this thru the licensing@apache.org committee.

Is this a mailing list, or an alias to a group which I can write to
directly ?

Sylvain

Re: Licence for javax activation, mail & transaction

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>>
>>> Hi team,
>>>
>>> We have in our build some conditional compilation against javax
>>> activation, mail and transaction because it was said that we cannot
>>> redistribute them.
>>>
>>> Reading the license for these packages, I'm not sure redistribution
>>> is forbidden. Please go to http://java.sun.com/products/jta/ and
>>> click the "Continue" button next to "Class Files 1.0.1B".
>>>
>>> What I understand in item 2 (License to Distribute Software)* *of the
>>> supplemental license terms, is that we can redistribute the software,
>>> provided that we redistribute it unmodified.
>>>
>>> I am missing something that my combined poor understanding of english
>>> and law has hidden to me, or can we include this in our CVS ?
>>

>> We should run this thru the licensing@apache.org committee.
>

> Is this a mailing list, or an alias to a group which I can write to
> directly ?

It's the 'Apache Licensing Committee'. It's a mail list reserved to ASF
members and invited guests both from inside and outside. I think that if
you ask the question directly, they will probably moderate your request
thru, so go ahead since I forgot :)

--
Stefano Mazzocchi                               <st...@apache.org>