Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Dirk Wenke <we...@semedy.com> on 2012/10/02 11:12:19 UTC

TabbedPanel with huge number of tabs

Hello,

I've searched the forum and the web for a solution, but I did not find
anything.
We are building a workbench-like application with wicket. The objects in our
application are displayed in tabs, so we used the TabbedPanel for that. But
if many tabs are opened, the tabs are displayed in multiple rows.
What we want to achieve is, that there is only one row displayed for the
tabs and that a button is displayed that opens a list of all available tabs
(like it is e.g. in the eclipse IDE).

As I am fairly new to wicket, I have currently no idea how to solve this. I
would be happy if anybody could help me with this issue.

Thanks,
Dirk

Re: TabbedPanel with huge number of tabs

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
Hi Dirk,

you can provide your own component to render the tabs, just override
TabbedPanel#newTabsContainer().

This container can use a repeater for a row of tabs and some javascript
popup/menu solution to make the other tabs accessible.

Hope this helps
Sven