Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Ottenkamp, HBT (Bart)" <H....@rf.rabobank.nl> on 2004/01/28 17:11:55 UTC

changing the page-layout dynamically

Hai there,

I've got a question concerning the layouts of the pages of my document. I've got the 'repeatable-page-master-alternatives' configured as follows:

    <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="first" page-position="first"/>
    <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="rest" page-position="rest"/>

this way, I get the layout coupled to 'first' on the first page of my document and the layout coupled to 'rest' on the rest of the pages of my document. This is not completely what I want, because I want to change the type of layout during building of the document, so that, for instance, page 1 gets layout 'first', pages 2,3,4 and 5 get layout 'rest', page 6 gets layout 'first' again and pages 7, 8, 9 and 10 get layout 'rest' again... Basically what I want is to present the same document more than ones in the same pdf, biut every time I start with the next one, I want to start with the 'first' page again...
I have no idea of how to do this, but I am thinking of defining a template that, when called upon, changes the layout (master-reference)...???
I hope anyone can help me??
Greetings
Bart Ottenkamp
bartottenkamp@hotmail.com

De informatie opgenomen in dit bericht kan vertrouwelijk zijn en
is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u dit bericht
onterecht ontvangt, wordt u verzocht de inhoud niet te gebruiken en
de afzender direct te informeren door het bericht te retourneren.

Re: changing the page-layout dynamically

Posted by Selber Jean-François <jf...@oxymel.com>.
I think you must only start a new page sequence
<fo:page-sequence master-reference="toto"> when you start page 6 ect..

when toto is:

<fo:page-sequence-master master-name="toto">
     <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="first"
page-position="first"/>
     <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="rest"
page-position="rest"/>
</fo:page-sequence-master>

jf

Posted by "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_...@pandora.be>.

<snip />
> this way, I get the layout coupled to 'first' on the first page
> of my document and the layout coupled to 'rest' on the rest of
> the pages of my document. This is not completely what I want,
> because I want to change the type of layout during building of
> the document, so that, for instance, page 1 gets layout 'first',
> pages 2,3,4 and 5 get layout 'rest', page 6 gets layout 'first'
> again and pages 7, 8, 9 and 10 get layout 'rest' again...
> Basically what I want is to present the same document more than
> ones in the same pdf, biut every time I start with the next one,
> I want to start with the 'first' page again...
> I have no idea of how to do this, but I am thinking of defining a
> template that, when called upon, changes the layout
> (master-reference)...???

Seems like all you're missing in this description is the page-sequence... I
would think that starting a new one at the designated point will get you
there. (see J-F's response for a short example)

If you want to do this at a certain page-number, I think you're going to
have a hard time reaching the desired goal.

Cheers,

Andreas