Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Marcin Skladaniec <ma...@ish.com.au> on 2009/01/14 02:52:12 UTC

nested contexts hierarchy

Hi

How do I test whether a context is a child of another one?
I looked up the javadocs and code for this functionality,
but I failed to find any. The relationship between
contexts seems to be resolved on DataChannel level, but I
cannot grasp how it actually happens.
I think methods like getParentContext() and
getChildContexts() can be useful.

Best regards
Marcin

Re: nested contexts hierarchy

Posted by Marcin Skladaniec <ma...@ish.com.au>.
On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 10:53:51 +0200
  Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>> getParentContext()
>
> Parent context is a DataChannel of a child, so
>getChannel() would  return a parent DataContext in case
>of a nested context and DataDomain  in case of a
>top-level context.
thank you, that was what I did not understand.

>> getChildContexts()
>
> Context doesn't track its child contexts, only
>indirectly via event  manager. If somebody describes a
>case of why enumerating through a  context children might
>be useful (other then sending events, which is  already
>implemented), we may add it, storing children via weak
> references to avoid introducing a requirement of
>explicitly closing  the child context.
indeed, I cannot think about the use of it now.
Thank you for help.
Marcin

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.