Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michael Bouschen <mb...@apache.org> on 2022/04/13 19:38:12 UTC

JDO TCK Conference Call Thursday April 14 11 PM PDT 20 CEST

Hi,

We will have our regular meeting Thursday April 14 11:00 PM Pacific
Daylight Time (PDT) 20:00 Central European Summer Time (CEST) to discuss
JDO TCK issues and status.

We use the following dial-in for audio and video. You need a Skype
account to join.
https://join.skype.com/lKWOxZDu2O5U

Agenda:

1. db-jdo-site website changes

2. New JIRA JDO-810 "Fix Java 9 warnings"
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-810

3. PR #41 "Java 18 compatibility" https://github.com/apache/db-jdo/pull/41
   JDO-808 "Java 18" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-808

4. JIRA JDO-805 "Consolidate download pages"
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-805

5. Other issues

Action Items from weeks past:
[Feb 17 2022] AI everyone JDO-805 take a look and comment on the proposal.
[Jan 27 2022] AI Craig update the instructions in the 3.2  branch and
create a new PR for the changes. This will include putting the proposed
release into the dev directory before the vote.
[Dec 09 2021] AI Craig: Try to contact all current/former participants
in JDO development and see if and how they want to be recognized on the
JDO and DB web sites. https://db.apache.org/whoweare.html
[Dec 02 2021] AI Tobias: find how to update and generate the
db.apache.org web site. Message private@db.apache.org and ask if anyone
has the latest information. If no response, ask users@infra.apache.org
for the truth.
[Oct 07 2021] AI Craig send a private message to all JSR-243 Expert
Group members asking if they wish to continue.
[Mar 25 2021] AI Craig: investigate "merging" papajdo and apache.clr
accounts
[Oct 17 2014] AI Matthew any updates for "Modify specification to
address NoSQL datastores":https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-651?

Regards Michael

Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Thursday April 14 11 PM PDT 20 CEST

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Tilmann Zäschke, Craig Russell

Next meeting: Thursday April 21 1100 PDT 2000 CEDT

Agenda:

1. db-jdo-site website changes

Andy has been busy updating the site. Several patches have been applied. No issues.

2. New JIRA JDO-810 "Fix Java 9 warnings" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-810

Patch has been created and fixes Java 8 and 15 but generates warnings for Java 18 OpenJDK (not for Oracle Java 18).
This is PR#43 https://github.com/apache/db-jdo/pull/43

3. PR #41 "Java 18 compatibility" https://github.com/apache/db-jdo/pull/41
  JDO-808 "Java 18" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-808

Still working on security manager issues.

Pull requests all run the TCK on JDK 8, 11, and 17. Once the patches are complete we can discuss adding JDK versions to the build protocol.

4. JIRA JDO-805 "Consolidate download pages" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-805

5. Other issues

We need to reopen the xmlns issue to work on the specification:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-806

Note that the xsd and dtd do not include "version=3.2".
AI Michael double check that the version= parameter is not included in any of the checked-in files.

Action Items from weeks past:
[Dec 09 2021] AI Craig: Try to contact all current/former participants in JDO development and see if and how they want to be recognized on the JDO and DB web sites. https://db.apache.org/whoweare.html
[Oct 07 2021] AI Craig send a private message to all JSR-243 Expert Group members asking if they wish to continue.
[Mar 25 2021] AI Craig: investigate "merging" papajdo and apache.clr accounts
[Oct 17 2014] AI Matthew any updates for "Modify specification to address NoSQL datastores":https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-651?

Regards Michael

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org