Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Vikas Malla <ma...@yahoo.co.in> on 2002/10/31 17:34:10 UTC

tomcat 4.0.3

Vincent:
I was following the link http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/testedon.html, for the list of software cactus has been tested on. The list doesn't include tomcat 4.0.3, so I wanted to ask whether there could be some vulnerabilities associated with me choosing 4.0.3 for my in-container testing. Please let me know if you are aware of any known issues with cactus 1.4.1 and tomcat 4.0.3. And why was 4.0.3 not considered?
Thanks.
Post your ad on Yahoo! India Autos.Check out the used Maruti, Fiat and Ford models on sale now.

RE: tomcat 4.0.3

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Hi Vikas,

Answer is no. It will work fine with Tomcat 4.0.3 AFAIK. As that page
says, it contains versions that have been reported to work. So far it
has not been a great success as I've been the only one reporting
success... And I am only human and can only test so many versions. The
reasons I have not tested 1.4.1 with Tomcat 4.0.3 was that 4.0.4 was out
at that time and I tend to concentrate my testing efforts on the newest
versions.

Cheers,
-Vincent