Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by John Gentilin <jo...@eyecatching.com> on 2000/10/31 19:39:12 UTC

XML Merge Utility (Any Available ?)

I am looking for a way to merge two xml documents where any
new elements will be inserted into the tree and any matching
elements will have their content updated.  Before I embarked
upon writing that function myself, I wanted to see if it has been
done already.

Also would this be easier to do in Java / DOM or devise a template
and use XSLT ??

TIA
John G

Re: XML Merge Utility (Any Available ?)

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
John Gentilin wrote:

> I am looking for a way to merge two xml documents where any
> new elements will be inserted into the tree and any matching
> elements will have their content updated.  Before I embarked
> upon writing that function myself, I wanted to see if it has been
> done already.
>
> Also would this be easier to do in Java / DOM or devise a template
> and use XSLT ??
>
> TIA
> John G

Check out http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~obecker/XSLT/#merge and