Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Paolo Castagna <ca...@googlemail.com> on 2011/10/07 15:56:43 UTC

Re: A snapshot build of ARQ

Paolo Castagna wrote:
> Andy Seaborne wrote:
>> Actually, two builds:
>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/jena/jena-arq/2.8.9-incubating-SNAPSHOT/
>>

>> Build 1 a normal snapshot build.
>>
>> 20110929.134615-1
>>
>> Build 2 is a build with -Papache-release so it's signed and there is a
>> source-release.zip.  The latter needs tuning - currently it's got
>> class files in it, but it's sideffect of the fact I produced it in
>> messy ARQ setup.
>>
>> 20110929.145040-2
>>
>>     Andy
>
> Great!
>
> Thanks Andy, "keep calm and carry on"!
>
> Maven requires a lot of patience (until everything works fine).
> We are getting there, very close now.
>
> Later, I'll update LARQ accordingly. It must:
>
>  - depend on the new ARQ SNAPSHOT
>  - point at the Jena top parent pom.xml

Done.

Now LARQ depends on ARQ 2.8.9-incubating-SNAPSHOT.
The artifact has been renamed to jena-larq.
The LARQ pom.xml file is pointing at jena-top as its parent pom.

I also added Jena_Top top to Jenkins.

I suggest we use just one single pom.xml file (making pom2.xml (the new ones) the default ones).

Paolo

Re: A snapshot build of ARQ

Posted by Paolo Castagna <ca...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Andy

Andy Seaborne wrote:
> On 07/10/11 16:18, Paolo Castagna wrote:
>>

>> Andy Seaborne wrote:

>>> I have left the existing POMs so we can continue to get dev builds to
>>> people with them needing to risk the new Apache-organised builds which
>>> are current unchecked.
>>
>> Having people (i.e. developers) using the new SNAPSHOTs will help with
>> testing and checking for mistakes. So long we are quick at fixing
>> problems,
>> IMHO it's not a big issue having some problem in SNAPSHOTs artifacts.
>>
>> People who do not want to have risk can the latest stable release(s).
>
> You may wish to do that; I don't.
>
> I use snapshots to get fixes to people to test.  I don't want to put
> barriers in the way, things that the developers is concerned with, to
> get that feedback.  We ourselves have not tested the new builds (or even
> finished making the new builds).

People wanting to help with the testing of the most recent SNAPSHOTs can find them here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/jena/

Still missing (if anyone what to help!):

 - Eyeball
 - Fuseki
 - SDB
 - Jena (jena-core)

>>> When it's tested we can switch - and we need to sort the final copyright
>>> issues on jena-core first.
>>
>> Is there a list of still pending copyright issues?
>
> http://markmail.org/message/vpzepivbmajxbqto

Are all still open/pending?

Maybe, having JIRA issues, classified as blocker against an Apache Jena
release, and assigned to people would help in making (faster) (or tracking)
progress.

Do those stop us to publish jena-core [1] SNAPSHOTs here [2]?

Paolo

 [1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/jena/Jena2/jena/trunk/
 [2] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/jena/

Re: A snapshot build of ARQ