Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Nicholas Payne-Roberts <ni...@payne-roberts.com> on 2006/07/12 14:24:56 UTC

spam script

I am now trying to figure out how to use find in a similar way to tidy
up those Junk E-mail directories by deleting them after they have been
used to learn from. This is what i've tried, but the rm command doesn't
seem to like working with files within the /cur directory...

find /home/vpopmail/domains -name ".Junk E-mail" -exec rm -f {}/cur/* \;

If i try the above and omit the astrix, it complains about cur being a
directory:

rm: cannot remove `/home/vpopmail/domains/domain.com/nick/Maildir/.Junk
E-mail/cur/': Is a directory

Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)

Nick

Re: spam script

Posted by Nicholas Payne-Roberts <ni...@payne-roberts.com>.
ah right, excellent, i shall have a play with this and tailor it to my
setup, thanks Dave.

Re: spam script

Posted by Nicholas Payne-Roberts <ni...@payne-roberts.com>.

Re: spam script

Posted by Nicholas Payne-Roberts <ni...@payne-roberts.com>.

RE: spam script

Re: spam script

Posted by Nicholas Payne-Roberts <ni...@payne-roberts.com>.

RE: spam script

Posted by Sietse van Zanen <si...@wizdom.nu>.

Re: spam script

Posted by "John D. Hardin" <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Wed, 12 Jul 2006, Nicholas Payne-Roberts wrote:

> I am now trying to figure out how to use find in a similar way to
> tidy up those Junk E-mail directories by deleting them after they
> have been used to learn from.

Keep 'em. It simplifies retraining from scratch should you need to do
so and untraining if somebody misclassifies a message.

If you don't want sa-learn to have to wade through them, then move
them to a different directory.

If you want to use less disk space, then compress them.

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ    ICQ#15735746    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
 jhardin@impsec.org    FALaholic #11174    pgpk -a jhardin@impsec.org