Posted to mirrors@apache.org by Neo Wee Teck <sl...@en.com.sg> on 2003/02/23 06:42:20 UTC

Mirror not added?

Hi

	I haven seen my mirror in the official list. Please check :)

http://apache.en.com.sg

Singapore Mirror

Maintained by : Neo Wee Teck
Update : 6hrs interval daily

Email : slash@en.com.sg

Re: Mirror not added?

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Sun, 23 Feb 2003, Neo Wee Teck wrote:

> Hi
>
> 	I haven seen my mirror in the official list. Please check :)
>
> http://apache.en.com.sg
>
> Singapore Mirror
>
> Maintained by : Neo Wee Teck
> Update : 6hrs interval daily
>
> Email : slash@en.com.sg

Got it.  Thanks.

Joshua.

Re: I can't update

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Ivan Canizares wrote:

> > Hi
> >
> > I can;t update the packages from apache.org, with this command
> >
> > rsync -rtlzv --delete --exclude incoming www.apache.org::apache-dist
> > /ftp/pub/apache/dist
> >
> > the crontab say this:
> > produced the following output:
> >
> > rsync: failed to connect to www.apache.org: Connection timed out
> > rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(83)

I'm not sure how I can help you here.  Other mirror do not seem to be
having this problem.  Could it be something on your local network?

Joshua.

Re: I can't update

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
This is getting irritating.  You've sent this message at least three
times, and received at least two replies.  What's going on?

Re: I can't update

Posted by Ivan Canizares <ti...@ula.ve>.

Re: I can't update

Posted by jason andrade <ja...@rtfmconsult.com>.
On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Ivan Canizares wrote:

> Hi
>
> I can;t update the packages from apache.org, with this command
>
> rsync -rtlzv --delete --exclude incoming www.apache.org::apache-dist
> /ftp/pub/apache/dist
>
> the crontab say this:
> produced the following output:
>
> failed to connect to www.apache.org - Connection timed out

for a start, turn off compression.  instead try

rsync -rltvH --stats --delete --max-delete=1000 --exclude="incoming/" www.apache.org::apache-dist/ /ftp/pub/apache/dist/

i would also recommend you pick a closer mirror if possible, to sync from
other than www.apache.org (but perhaps there are no other mirrors in
.ve)

regards,

-jason

I can't update

Re: Mirror not added?

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Yusmar Yahaya wrote:
> loc   : Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (+8GMT)
>
> URL   : http://mirror.leafbug.org/apache-dist
>         (rsync www.apache.org::apache-dist)
>
> freq. : twice daily at 8am GMT and 8pm GMT (4:30am MYT & 4:30pm MYT)
>
> link  : relocated from 1.5bps SDSL to 2mbps dedicated leasedline
>         yesterday. UPS backed, mirrored storage disk.
>
> svc date : since 14 Feb 2003.

Got it.  Thanks.

Joshua.

Re: Mirror not added?

Posted by Yusmar Yahaya <yu...@boolean.pc.my>.
On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Joshua Slive wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Feb 2003, Neo Wee Teck wrote:
> > Hi
> >     I haven seen my mirror in the official list. Please check :)
> > http://apache.en.com.sg
>
> If nobody beats me to it, I'll try to get to this soon.

And when you're updating the list, I hope you could please update mine
into that as well? thanks, as my server is not yet updated.

BTW, here's the info again.

loc   : Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (+8GMT)

URL   : http://mirror.leafbug.org/apache-dist
        (rsync www.apache.org::apache-dist)

freq. : twice daily at 8am GMT and 8pm GMT (4:30am MYT & 4:30pm MYT)

link  : relocated from 1.5bps SDSL to 2mbps dedicated leasedline
        yesterday. UPS backed, mirrored storage disk.

svc date : since 14 Feb 2003.

Thank you.

~Yusmar Yahaya                  yus@boolean.pc.my
                                http://leafbug.org/~yus