Posted to dev@juddi.apache.org by Jeff Faath <jf...@apache.org> on 2008/12/03 17:47:04 UTC

RE: jUDDI web services - two birds with one stone

Well, I was able to successfully create an Apache CXF deployment project to
get the web services up and running (see juddi-cxf).  You can test it out by
deploying the war and hitting the url:

http:// <http://%3cdomain%3e/juddi/services> <domain>/juddi/services

CXF is nice and lightweight and other than a minor namespace issue, it went
pretty smoothly.  We should seriously consider using it as our default
deployment.

On another note, while researching CXF, I found out a way prevent JAX-WS
from splitting out the WSDL into two files.  This is what was causing the
problem with the Axis2 deployment. So, now it looks like the Axis2
deployment works ( I tested it out briefly).  It still needs some smoothing
around the edges, but with a little work, we can get that up to speed as
well.

Let's make a decision on the default deployment though.  I am (+1) for CXF.

-Jeff

Posted by Kurt T Stam <ku...@gmail.com>.
sounds good to me.

Posted by Tom Cunningham <tc...@redhat.com>.