Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de> on 2023/04/20 13:32:55 UTC

Plan: Deprecation of Jackrabbit Oak 1.8.x

Hi there,

I'm planning to officially end-of-life Jackrabbit Oak 1.8 in two weeks
(see <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-10075>):

Users of Oak 1.8.* need to switch to a platform compatible with Java 8
(or newer) - the latest stable release is 1.50.0 (requiring Java 11);
the latest maintenance branch supporting Java 8 (essentially
feature-frozen) is 1.22, with the current release being 1.22.15.

What it'll mean in actual actions:

     links will be removed from the download page

     news will be posted on the homepage

     [announce] will be sent to jr-user, jr-dev, oak-dev

     branch and tags WILL stay there

     label "candidate_oak_1_8" will be removed

See also http://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/docs/roadmap.html

If you have any concerns speak out before May 9.

Best regards, Julian

Re: Plan: Deprecation of Jackrabbit Oak 1.8.x

Posted by Julian Reschke <re...@apache.org>.
On 20.04.2023 15:32, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm planning to officially end-of-life Jackrabbit Oak 1.8 in two weeks
> (see <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-10075>):
>
> Users of Oak 1.8.* need to switch to a platform compatible with Java 8
> (or newer) - the latest stable release is 1.50.0 (requiring Java 11);
> the latest maintenance branch supporting Java 8 (essentially
> feature-frozen) is 1.22, with the current release being 1.22.15.
>
> What it'll mean in actual actions:
>
>      links will be removed from the download page
>
>      news will be posted on the homepage
>
>      [announce] will be sent to jr-user, jr-dev, oak-dev
>
>      branch and tags WILL stay there
>
>      label "candidate_oak_1_8" will be removed
>
> See also http://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/docs/roadmap.html
>
> If you have any concerns speak out before May 9.
>
> Best regards, Julian

Assuming lazy consensus, I'm planning to do this on Wednesday.

Best regards, Julian