Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Karen Chan <kc...@netvigator.com> on 2001/01/11 17:49:11 UTC

Error in startup the Tomcat

Dear all,

I am new to Tomcat.  I had installed the Tomcat 3.1.1 in RedHat Linux 6.2.
When I tried to startup the Tomcat using the script startup.sh, I got
the error FATAL: java.net.BindException: Address already in use.

I had checked using nmap that the port 8080 is open for http-proxy service
when the startup.sh was executed.  I wondered why the http-proxy is open
and port 8080 should be open for tomat when the script was started.

Could anyone help to advise and how can I change the default port for tomcat.

I had change the port in server.xml but the fatal error message still appears.

Re: Error in startup the Tomcat

Posted by Fergus Gallagher <Fe...@OrbisUK.com>.
Easy enough, edit conf/server.xml

Fergus