Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/11 18:05:43 UTC

Re: [Trinidad] Okay to deprecate ComponentUtils.findRelativeComponent and move the code under the control of UIXComponent?

Added a JIRA issue for this: TRINIDAD-1633

In addition to just moving it I would like to remove the support for
the deprecated syntax that we have been keeping around as it would not
fit as nicely. This deprecated syntax was the one in which the "::"
was not necessary to search in the parent naming container from a
naming container. It did not match the paradigm for the findComponent
API, so we changed it a couple of years back or so. I think that this
is adequate time to have migrated the projects over, but please let me
know if there are any strong objects to removing this support.

Thanks,
Andrew

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Please review the patch and my comments in the bug:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-1633

I'll wait till Friday to allow any feedback before committing any changes.

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
FYI, I am found some complications with this with regards to the
different places this is implemented (it is not fully centralized).
I'll get back with a follow-up email when I have more information.

-Andrew

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.